Friday, September 16, 2011

Welcome to my blog on foreclosure

Hi,

Many friends and colleagues have suggested me that I write blog to let myself known and help with my real estate business. Although it was one of the main reasons for starting this blog, a bigger reason is to help people who are perhaps going through the most difficult time in their lives with the possibility of having their homes repossessed by banks.

Even though I do not know them personally, I feel sympathy for them because these people are families and friends who have made their dreams, at least only briefly, and now must leave behind part of their lives.   Many times, these distressed homeowners fall prey to scam artists who promise them a lifeline, when most are at their more vunerable states, with  empty promises and end up losing valuable resources. There is a saying that it only takes three months on the dole for the average American to face difficulties because the whole system is based on the payments.

Who would have imagined that this foreclosures wave would unleash with such force that hinders the recovery of the entire economy of this nation.? Worse, we will face another tsunami of foreclosure as a result of the appearance of toxic mortgages (ARMs, negative amortization) due this year and next. As of know, California is leading the nation in number of forecloures and more than 60% of home sales are either short sale and/or REOs.

I am firm believer that every homeowner deserves the best information and education to avoid losing a home to a foreclosure and damaging credit for years to come. As a CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert) and CHP (Certified HFA Professiona), I have been specifically trained to assist homeowners in these difficult situations.

However, many people have given up hope and are embarrassed by the circumstances in which they are. Many simply do not react or get help when there are many government programs aimed at helping homeowners. Please remember that you are not ALONE.

Lately, major banks headed by BofA, Chase, Wells Fargo, have started offering incentives up to $ 35,000  for homeowners concluding short sales succesfully.

I would like to publish and share with you, my readers and audiences and hope that you leave your comments on my blog and we can learn and share as we attempt to understand and hopefully be on the recovery path soon.  I have also published a sister blog in Spanish at http://eviteforeclosures.blogspot.com/  for those readers who is more comfortable in Español. 

No comments:

Post a Comment